Friday 4 September 2009

There she goes again!



"I feel that if you look at what progress women have made in the world one of the reasons they have been able to make progress is because they have been able to control their fertility."

"I personally don't think there is anything wrong with that, and indeed without being able to control I wouldn't have been able to achieve the things that I've been able to do. I think it's a really important issue and personally I would prefer it if the Catholic Church took a more positive attitude towards contraception because I think there's a lot of difference between preventing a life coming about and actually extinguishing a life when it has come about."


I'm sure I could find a spare copy of Humanae Vitae for Cherie.It seems she has no idea of just how positive the Church's attitude to contraception truly is.

The Catholic Herald reports Cherie Blair's remarks above under the heading:
'Church harms career women, says Cherie.'

I wonder if the truth is more likely to be that married career women, in putting their worldly careers ahead of motherhood, are harming both themselves and the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment