Saturday 7 February 2009

Invisible Women

There's a great deal that I can relate to in this piece posted by Fr. Z.
The mother who wrote it speaks about the work that mothers do and their sacrificial role, apparently unseen, even unappreciated.

This sentence resonates particularly:

At times, my invisibility feels like an affliction But it is not a disease that is erasing my life. It is the cure for the disease of my own self-centeredness. It is the antidote to my strong, stubborn pride. I keep the right perspective when I see myself as a great builder. As one of the people who show up at a job that they will never see finished, to work on something that their name will never be on.

Mothers don't need 'have it all' as an ideal, our vocation calls us to give it all, trusting in God's Providence and believing that He will never be outdone in generosity.


No comments:

Post a Comment