Wednesday 15 April 2009

What is going on here?


In an interview with Le Devoir newspaper, Cardinal Jean-Claude Turcotte of Montreal has said:

"Personally, I am against murder, but can understand that sometimes, when someone is being attacked, they need to kill someone in self-defense. I am against abortion, but I can understand that in certain cases, there is no other choice than to practice it."


Abortion as self defence?

Where's that in the Catechism of the Catholic Church?

Lifesite news has more.

4 comments:

  1. Too much to hope he was misquoted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad news, thanks for posting this, have put it on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the perspective of some girls and women, there appears to be no other choice - perhaps this is what he meant.This doesn't make it right and we should expect more clarity from a Bishop I think if this is what he said.

    ReplyDelete