Friday 10 April 2009

Archbishop Vincent Nicholls: I'll take my guide from Pope Benedict


Archbishop Vincent Nicholls gave an interview to BBC Radio 4 this morning in which he encouraged Catholics to be involved in the consultation about advertising contraceptives/abortion on television.
He handled the interview with customary deftness refusing to be sidetracked. One of the best comments from the Archbishop came at the end; when asked about Tony Blair's view expressed recently, that the Church should modernise its teaching, the Archbishop replied:

'Well you know, Mr. Blair is a very fine politician and has got very well tuned political senses, but, I'm afraid, the way the Catholic Church thinks is very different to that, and I'll take my guide from Pope Benedict, actually.'

No comments:

Post a Comment