Friday 30 April 2010

Archbishop Peter Smith appointed to Southwark


From Cardiff, home to Southwark;  Congratulations to Archbishop Peter Smith of the Archdiocese of Cardiff , who succeeds Archbishop Kevin McDonald, of the Archdiocese of Southwark.

Speaking of his appointment, Archbishop Peter said:
“I shall never forget the warmth and generosity of the people of Wales, not only the Catholic community but so many others, and their great sense of humour and cheerfulness.

“However, my sadness at leaving is tempered by the prospect of returning to my roots in South London and going home to the Archdiocese in which I was born and for which I was ordained a priest in 1972. I am very much looking forward to that and to serving the people, religious, deacons and priests of the Archdiocese of Southwark as their Bishop. It is good to be returning home, although I feel there is part of me which will always have a “second home” in Wales.”

No comments:

Post a Comment