Friday 12 March 2010

Now is a good time to pray for priests

 As the secular assault on the Church is becoming more evident, perhaps now is a good time to intensify our prayers for priests, including those who are also bishops.

St Therese of Lisieux, who spent much of her life praying for priests, once said that she would spend her heaven doing good on earth. We can be sure that this great Saint will join her prayers to ours.

I found St. Therese of Lisieux's beautiful Prayer for Priests on a small prayer leaflet, published by Southwark Vocations. 
It says it all, really.

St. Therese of Lisieux
Prayer for Priests

O Jesus
I pray for your faithful and fervent priests;
for your unfaithful and tepid priests;
for your priests labouring at home or abroad in distant mission fields.
For your tempted priests;
for your lonely and desolate priests;
for your young priests;
for your dying priests;
for the souls of your priests in Purgatory.
But above all, I recommend to you the priests dearest to me:
the priest who baptised me;the priests who absolved me from my sins;
the priests at whose Masses I assisted and who gave me your Body and Blood in Holy Communion;
the priests who taught and instructed me;
all of the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way.

O Jesus, keep them all close to your Heart,
and bless them abundantly in time and eternity.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment